Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Hero

As you may have heard the buzz my friend Andrea has yet another brain tumor at the base of her head. They will not be doing surgery do to where it lies(around the speech/cognitive skills area). Also the lesions in her neck/shoulder have grown since she was up at IU a few weeks ago. So the chemo pills aren't doing what they had hoped. On top of that she was diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia last night. With all these things going on her respirations are decreased and she is having difficulty swallowing. At this point there is no cure, but only to keep her comfortable and awake to visit with family & friends. As always her spirits are great. She told everyone she doesn't want to see crying but only hearing laughter and talking about the good times. Oh and that she wants to have a huge Relay for Life this year. I thank you all for your prayers and ask that you still continue to pray for her and her family & friends. Thanks so much.

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Oh my goodness Jenelle! All I can say is she is such an AMAZING woman! We have not stopped praying for all of you! If you ever need anything let me know!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

OH my. I hadn't heard the latest. That is just awful! I hate to hear this. We will keep praying for comfort and peace

Amy said...

We are praying for all of you non-stop. We pray for peace and and for her to pain free. Love you all

Brandi said...

no words, but constant thoughts and prayers....... if there are any needs, please let me know

Jessie said...

I don't know Andrea that well, but I've been praying for her for awhile. We're continuing to pray for God's will to be done and peace and comfort for her. Thanks for keeping us updated.....she's lucky to have a friend like you:)