Sunday, September 20, 2009

High to Low

Thursday I left with my MIL to meet my SIL in St. Louis for The Joyce Meyer Women's Conference. Oh man was it powerful. The great speakers and the worship band Delirious. Wow it was amazing, my heart is forever changed. I will share more about what I learned in a later post when I've had more sleep to think! So after leaving on such a high I came home to Gunnar being sick. When I went into his bedroom & assessed him I knew something was wrong. So at 10:15pm last night I loaded him up & me & my SIL took him to Vincennes ER. He had a chest xray, bloodwork, & flu test. Diagnosis......pneumonia:( Man I went form such a high to such a low after watching them poke & pry on my little Gunnar. He did soooo good, he never cried when they took blood or gave him a shot, and he did especially well when they stuck the nasal swab all the way down his nasal cavity & back up twice. It was not pleasant to watch, but he was such a good patient. They rewarded him with a big red, white & blue popsicle:) Both Shannon & I commented how friendly & accommodating the ER staff at GSH was. After waiting on the results & waiting for a breathing machine being delivered to us(thanks Williams Bros that was sooo nice) we were off to home around 2:30am. Poor little guy spent the night getting sick, I think from the stuff breaking up from the breathing treatments but this morning he is a "little" and I mean "little" more perky. It just breaks your heart to see your child feel so horrible & there's nothing you can do. Thanks to my amazing SIL for going with me:) And thanks to my Mom, Kristin, & Nikki for helping out with the kiddos, so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. And of course his Daddy that took good care of him all day:) Love all you guys!

4 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Hope Gunnar starts feeling better soon!

Kelly said...

poor little guy! hope he feels better soon! let me know if you need help w/the kids this week!

Jessie said...

Aww....poor Gunnar. I hope he's feeling better. Tell him I said to get well soon.

Tera said...

Poor Gunnar! Hope he is feeling better soon!