Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Toothfairy MIA

Unfortunately the Toothfairy forgot our house last night:( It has just devastated me today. As I'm showering this morning and I get my hair soaped up it hits me TOOTHFAIRY! Oh no I think, I've totally forgotten. So I hurry through my shower throwing a prayer up to please let him sleep through the commotion of Molly up already & me in the shower (which he usually does). So dripping wet I grab some money and tiptoe in his room & reach under his pillow. And.....up he pops with his tooth clenched in his little hand. My heart breaks. He says "She never came" Oh my heart really breaks. I said did Molly get up in the night again? (Which she has EVERY night for months but NOT last night---go figure) He says "I don't know. I was awake a lot last night waiting." I said Well she wont come if your not asleep. He says "My fan was to loud & kept me awake" And that was that. The Toothfairy had failed him:( So the morning goes on routinely not another word said. I take the kids to school & Lily falls down the stairs & skins her knees up so I walk her in to bandage them up. And as I'm walking out Gunnars teacher asks me "Why didn't the toothfairy come?" I could bust in tears by now.I tell her I feel "this big" & she says everyone has heard about it already. Great-I've ruined my childs dreams & now maybe others. So now as the day goes on I anxiously wait to see if someone seeks the opportunity to tell Gunnar about the Toothfairy since she didn't come. I will be devastated if 2 weeks before Christmas things are revealed to him. I've read tons of stories online about the toothfairy not coming so I know by no means am I alone in this & some stories of why she didn't show are quite clever. I haven't decided what I'll say until I can feel him out about what was said at school. I'll keep you posted on whether the Toothfairy is fired or not! I'm hoping she just gets a verbal warning this time!

2 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Oh NO! All of us moms have had "those" days. Though I haven't had to deal with loose teeth, Im sure other things have happened that weren't my best moments. Chin up. Im sure it will all work out.

Leah Robinson said...

We went through this exact same thing one morning!!! Except our toothfairy's gift had fallen behind the bed (wink wink)...Hunter moves a lot during her sleep ;)